- Good Corporate Governance will be the foundation of the culture at INSEE Cement.
- Any form of corruption shall be denied and rejected to protect the reputation, image and trust of INSEE Cement, including its operational rights.
- INSEE Cement shall continue to grow its business in a sustainable manner.
- Value shall be created for all the stakeholders of INSEE Cement.
- Preservation and use of natural resources while recognizing its values.
- Use energy efficiently and promote the use of alternate energy sources.
- Prevent, control and reduce impacts derived from the INSEE Group Company’s operations to the environment.
- Promote bio-diversity and support forest habitation.
- Care and attention will be paid to our employees. INSEE Cement or Siam City Cement (Lanka) Limited shall operate with appropriate protection measures for injuries, damages or loss of lives arising from work.
- Support to employees for their well-being, development and career advancement.
- Care and support to the communities on sustainable development.
- Products and services shall be developed to add value and respond to the need of the customers and society.
What is Sustainability to us?
It has been acknowledged that INSEE Cement records the lowest carbon footprint in the industry, a glowing testament to the importance placed on sustainability in all operational aspects of the company.
to rail hybrid transportation approach.
INSEE Ecocycle manages over 350 clients’ industrial waste that minimizes the national Carbon footprint, using the co-processing technology.
Lowest Emissions in the Industry
INSEE Sanstha has 7kg less CO2 than any other cement in the market, and is positioned as the first green cement in Sri Lanka.
INSEE Cement creates the infrastructure to manage water efficiently and develop local community entrepreneurs. The Puttalam cement plant also operates a waste water treatment plant which prevents ground water pollution. This was constructed using scrap yard material.
for a sustainable future
Having recognized the importance of biodiversity during the limestone mining extraction process carried out in quarries, INSEE Cement focuses on conserving the flora and fauna in Sri Lanka.
for their farming needs.
The quarry rehabilitation project is conducted in partnership with the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), and has witnessed significant progress since its initiation in 2007. Prior to preparing quarry - land areas, INSEE Cement employees engage in a voluntary animal rescue programme for slow moving animals who are thereafter safely relocated to other areas in the immediate environment, thus preserving the lives of nearly 2,500 animals and reforesting over 6,000 trees annually.
Further, the endangered coral reef in the South of Sri Lanka has been conserved through a growth catalyst structure, which was introduced in 2008. INSEE Cement continues to successfully monitor the progress of this project in partnership with coral experts from IUCN and the National Aquatic Resources Research and Development Agency (NARA).
INSEE Cement focuses on providing the most sustainable solutions throughout the life cycle of cement production. We invest in research and development to find alternative fuels to produce clinker and use by-products of other industries as alternative resources to replace raw materials.
INSEE Cement promotes sustainable construction knowledge and solutions in Sri Lanka.
INSEE Cement also provides technical support to use minimum resources in constructing buildings such as bottom ash blocks and coconut shell blocks to reduce the use of concrete. Furthermore, the recycling of demolished concrete is also being investigated to re-use as blocks or base for roads.
As a responsible corporate citizen INSEE Cement takes a strategic approach to be the trusted neighbor for developing sustainable communities. The vision is to develop inclusive strategic projects in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to create value to all.
Community Advisory Panel
Quarterly Community Advisory Panel (CAP) discussions are held in all sites with local stakeholders to identify the community needs of a 7km radius from our plants in Puttalam, Aruwakkalu and Galle. The community CSR undertakings are carried out in areas of healthcare, education and infrastructure development. A dedicated community development centre located in Aruwakkalu has been charged with the delivery of CSR initiatives, which includes the provision of free medical and education facilities to the Puttalam district communities.
This strategic formulation involves four key areas of focus which then branch into further sub-areas as follows: